Akhilesh says DP Yadav will not join SP
Lucknow: Internal bickerings within the Samajwadi Party (SP) again came to the fore with party state president Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday saying that BSP MLA DP Yadav will not be taken into the party.
"The party will not take DP Yadav", Yadav said while addressing a gathering during his ninth leg of Kranti Rath yatra here.
DP Yadav, BSP`s sitting MLA from Sahaswan (Badaun), expressed his desire to join the party after BSP denied him ticket.
He met senior party leader Mohammad Azam Khan last week in Rampur after which speculation was rife that he along with his wife Umlesh Yadav, who is also an MLA would join the party.
DP Yadav and his wife Umlesh won the 2007 Assembly elections from Badaun districts fighting under their own party, Rashtriya Parivartan Dal, which was later merged with the BSP in 2008.
Yadav also contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Badaun but lost to Mulayam`s nephew Dharmendra Yadav.
When asked about the issue, senior SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav said that the final decision of joining would be taken by the central leadership and its decision would be final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence