Akhilesh says DP Yadav will not join SP
Lucknow: Internal bickerings within the Samajwadi Party (SP) again came to the fore with party state president Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday saying that BSP MLA DP Yadav will not be taken into the party.
"The party will not take DP Yadav", Yadav said while addressing a gathering during his ninth leg of Kranti Rath yatra here.
DP Yadav, BSP`s sitting MLA from Sahaswan (Badaun), expressed his desire to join the party after BSP denied him ticket.
He met senior party leader Mohammad Azam Khan last week in Rampur after which speculation was rife that he along with his wife Umlesh Yadav, who is also an MLA would join the party.
DP Yadav and his wife Umlesh won the 2007 Assembly elections from Badaun districts fighting under their own party, Rashtriya Parivartan Dal, which was later merged with the BSP in 2008.
Yadav also contested the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Badaun but lost to Mulayam`s nephew Dharmendra Yadav.
When asked about the issue, senior SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav said that the final decision of joining would be taken by the central leadership and its decision would be final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?