Akhilesh should evaluate himself: BJP
Lucknow: A day after Akhilesh Yadav sacked a junior minister and changed the portfolios of 11 ministers, BJP Wednesday said the CM, who holds major portfolios, should also evaluate himself as he is "responsible" for problems in the department he heads.
"Poor law and order, power crisis, non-payment of the dues of cane farmers and unemployment are the four major issues in the state. All these portfolios are with Akhilesh," BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said.
"Why the CM does not evaluate himself? Akhilesh is responsible for the problems related to these departments and not his ministers," Bajpai alleged.
Two days before the budget session of UP Vidhan Sabha is scheduled to start, CM Akhilesh last night sacked a junior minister and changed the portfolios of 11 ministers including nine of cabinet rank in a major reshuffle of his council of ministers.
Yadav removed Minister of State for Entertainment Tax Taj Narain Pandey, an official statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog