Akhilesh suspends forest official for laxity in work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday suspended a forest official for not performing his duties properly and ordered an enquiry against him.
Assistant Conservator of Forests Salil Kumar Shukla has been suspended with immediate effect, an official release said.
The decision has been taken in view of serious charges against Shukla while he was serving as the forest range officer of Modinagar in Ghaziabad, the release said.
The charges against the official are ineffectiveness in preventing encroachment of forest land, laxity in discharging official duties and failure to follow instructions of higher authorities, the statement said.
The Chief Minister has ordered a departmental enquiry against him and sought the report in 30 days.
Yadav also warned all government officials that adopting apathetic attitude towards work would not be spared and stringent action would be taken against them, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred