Akhilesh suspends forest official for laxity in work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday suspended a forest official for not performing his duties properly and ordered an enquiry against him.
Assistant Conservator of Forests Salil Kumar Shukla has been suspended with immediate effect, an official release said.
The decision has been taken in view of serious charges against Shukla while he was serving as the forest range officer of Modinagar in Ghaziabad, the release said.
The charges against the official are ineffectiveness in preventing encroachment of forest land, laxity in discharging official duties and failure to follow instructions of higher authorities, the statement said.
The Chief Minister has ordered a departmental enquiry against him and sought the report in 30 days.
Yadav also warned all government officials that adopting apathetic attitude towards work would not be spared and stringent action would be taken against them, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read