Akhilesh suspends forest official for laxity in work
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday suspended a forest official for not performing his duties properly and ordered an enquiry against him.
Assistant Conservator of Forests Salil Kumar Shukla has been suspended with immediate effect, an official release said.
The decision has been taken in view of serious charges against Shukla while he was serving as the forest range officer of Modinagar in Ghaziabad, the release said.
The charges against the official are ineffectiveness in preventing encroachment of forest land, laxity in discharging official duties and failure to follow instructions of higher authorities, the statement said.
The Chief Minister has ordered a departmental enquiry against him and sought the report in 30 days.
Yadav also warned all government officials that adopting apathetic attitude towards work would not be spared and stringent action would be taken against them, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how