Akhilesh suspends official for wrongly denying govt job
Lucknow: Taking serious note of a physically challenged person being wrongly denied a government job, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday suspended Joint Director, secondary education, OP Dwivedi.
On a complaint by Gagnupal that he was denied a teacher`s job on the vacancy reserved for handicapped persons in a school in Allahabad and a person much below him in the merit list was given the post, Akhilesh ordered District Magistrate of Allahabad to probe the matter, an official spokesman said.
As per the inquiry report, the certificates attached with the application of Gagnupal were not taken into consideration while preparing the merit list and Dwivedi was found responsible for the this, the spokesman said.
The chief minister also got the order of appointing Gagnupal to the post issued by the department, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery