Akhilesh takes oath as legislative council member
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday took oath as a member of the legislative council. The 38-year-old Chief Minister was recently elected unopposed to the upper house.
Along with the CM, 10 other members were also sworn-in as members.
They included Ambika Chaudhary, Umar Ali Khan, Naresh Chandra Uttam, Madhu Gupta, Rajendra Chaudhary, Ram Sakal Gurjar and Vijay Yadav (all Samajwadi Party), Mahendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Chaudhary Mushtaq of the Rashtriya Lok Dal.
Three members of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Thakur Jayveer Singh, Vijay Prakash and Sunil Kumar, did not turn up for the ceremony.
Akhilesh Yadav quit the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency last week. He has represented the Parliamentary constituency thrice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata