Akhilesh takes oath as legislative council member
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday took oath as a member of the legislative council. The 38-year-old Chief Minister was recently elected unopposed to the upper house.
Along with the CM, 10 other members were also sworn-in as members.
They included Ambika Chaudhary, Umar Ali Khan, Naresh Chandra Uttam, Madhu Gupta, Rajendra Chaudhary, Ram Sakal Gurjar and Vijay Yadav (all Samajwadi Party), Mahendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Chaudhary Mushtaq of the Rashtriya Lok Dal.
Three members of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Thakur Jayveer Singh, Vijay Prakash and Sunil Kumar, did not turn up for the ceremony.
Akhilesh Yadav quit the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency last week. He has represented the Parliamentary constituency thrice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets