Akhilesh takes oath as legislative council member
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday took oath as a member of the legislative council. The 38-year-old Chief Minister was recently elected unopposed to the upper house.
Along with the CM, 10 other members were also sworn-in as members.
They included Ambika Chaudhary, Umar Ali Khan, Naresh Chandra Uttam, Madhu Gupta, Rajendra Chaudhary, Ram Sakal Gurjar and Vijay Yadav (all Samajwadi Party), Mahendra Singh of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Chaudhary Mushtaq of the Rashtriya Lok Dal.
Three members of the Bahujan Samaj Party, Thakur Jayveer Singh, Vijay Prakash and Sunil Kumar, did not turn up for the ceremony.
Akhilesh Yadav quit the Kannauj Lok Sabha constituency last week. He has represented the Parliamentary constituency thrice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir