Akhilesh targets previous Mayawati govt
Azamgarh : Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday accused the previous Mayawati government of indulging in loot in the name of Dalit icon B R Ambedkar for which the people of the state have given them the "ultimate punishment by ousting them from power".
"Had BSP been the real followers of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar they would not have indulged in massive loot in the construction of memorials, statues and parks set up in the state in his name ", Yadav, who was here to distribute unemployment and kanya vidyadhan cheques, to beneficiaries said.
Yadav said "the people of the state have given them the ultimate punishment by ousting them from power".
Terming BSP`s `sankalp rally` in Lucknow today as "jaan bachao" rally, Yadav said it has been organised "as the scams of the previous government were surfacing one after another and the names of its ministers and leaders were figuring in them".
The chief minister claimed his government has already started fulfilling promises made in the election manifesto of Samajwadi Party with distribution of unemployment and kanya vidyadhan allowance and budgetary provisions are being made for the other promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic