Akhilesh to expand UP cabinet, Raja Bhaiya likely to get berth
Lucknow: After a gap of almost three months, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will expand his Cabinet tomorrow, and controversial Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya is expected to get a berth.
The function, which will be held at Rajbhawan, is expected to witness induction of two more ministers as there are a total of 58 ministers in the Cabinet and the upper limit is of 60 ministers, official sources said.
Sources said that one of two state ministers could be elevated to Cabinet rank, and new face from Western UP could also be given place in the Cabinet as part of "damage control" after Muzaffarnagar riots.
According to sources, Raja Bhaiya is likely to be re-inducted in Akhilesh Cabinet as he has got a clean chit from CBI in DSP Zia-ul-Haq murder case.
The Independent MLA had to resign in March this year after he was named in the FIR by slain DySP`s wife Parveen Azad.
However, the party has neither confirmed nor denied his name for the cabinet berth. At present there are 21 Cabinet ministers including the Chief Minister, six state minister with independent charges and 31 state ministers. Akhilesh had earlier expanded his cabinet on Jul 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan