Akhilesh to expand UP cabinet, Raja Bhaiya likely to get berth
Lucknow: After a gap of almost three months, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will expand his Cabinet tomorrow, and controversial Kunda MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya is expected to get a berth.
The function, which will be held at Rajbhawan, is expected to witness induction of two more ministers as there are a total of 58 ministers in the Cabinet and the upper limit is of 60 ministers, official sources said.
Sources said that one of two state ministers could be elevated to Cabinet rank, and new face from Western UP could also be given place in the Cabinet as part of "damage control" after Muzaffarnagar riots.
According to sources, Raja Bhaiya is likely to be re-inducted in Akhilesh Cabinet as he has got a clean chit from CBI in DSP Zia-ul-Haq murder case.
The Independent MLA had to resign in March this year after he was named in the FIR by slain DySP`s wife Parveen Azad.
However, the party has neither confirmed nor denied his name for the cabinet berth. At present there are 21 Cabinet ministers including the Chief Minister, six state minister with independent charges and 31 state ministers. Akhilesh had earlier expanded his cabinet on Jul 18.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis