Akhilesh to give away 8,000 free laptops
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will Monday give away 8,000 laptops to students here.
Ghaziabad Development Authority chairman Santosh Yadav said Sunday that projects worth Rs.3,750 crore would be launched by the chief minister Monday.
In addition, 12 schemes would be unveiled along with an ambitious scheme of 5,000 houses for low income group and economically weaker sections.
The chief minister would distribute the laptops to 8,000 students as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge.
The major projects likely to be inaugurated include an elevated road from Uttar Pradesh Gate to Northern Peripheral Expressway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves