Akhilesh to give away 8,000 free laptops
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will Monday give away 8,000 laptops to students here.
Ghaziabad Development Authority chairman Santosh Yadav said Sunday that projects worth Rs.3,750 crore would be launched by the chief minister Monday.
In addition, 12 schemes would be unveiled along with an ambitious scheme of 5,000 houses for low income group and economically weaker sections.
The chief minister would distribute the laptops to 8,000 students as part of his Samajwadi Party election pledge.
The major projects likely to be inaugurated include an elevated road from Uttar Pradesh Gate to Northern Peripheral Expressway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH