Akhilesh writes to Centre for new railway line
Lucknow: To provide better connectivity to Mubarakpur, the hub of world renowned Banarasi saree, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday shot off a letter to Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal requesting him for laying a new Varanasi-Gorakhpur railway line via Mubarakpur.
According to an official spokesman, Akhilesh in his letter said that a railway line linking Mubarakpur would solve several problems being faced by the Benarasi saree weavers.
The weavers get their raw material from places like Surat, Bangaluru, Malda and sometimes even from China and because there is no proper link with this place it is difficult for goods and people to reach there, the chief minister said.
The weavers here face a big problem in getting raw material as also finding market for their product and so they have to depend on middlemen, Akhilesh said.
This railway line would be beneficial for weavers and help them establish direct contact in the market and improve their financial condition, he said in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report