Akhilesh writes to Centre for new railway line
Lucknow: To provide better connectivity to Mubarakpur, the hub of world renowned Banarasi saree, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday shot off a letter to Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal requesting him for laying a new Varanasi-Gorakhpur railway line via Mubarakpur.
According to an official spokesman, Akhilesh in his letter said that a railway line linking Mubarakpur would solve several problems being faced by the Benarasi saree weavers.
The weavers get their raw material from places like Surat, Bangaluru, Malda and sometimes even from China and because there is no proper link with this place it is difficult for goods and people to reach there, the chief minister said.
The weavers here face a big problem in getting raw material as also finding market for their product and so they have to depend on middlemen, Akhilesh said.
This railway line would be beneficial for weavers and help them establish direct contact in the market and improve their financial condition, he said in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch