Akhilesh Yadav appeals to Centre to evacuate Indians from Iraq
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday appealed to the central government to evacuate all Indian citizens, including those from the state, stranded in Iraq.
The Chief Minister said that tight security arrangements should be made for the Indians till the time they can be evacuated from Iraq, an official spokesman said here in a statement.
Besides, adequate arrangements should be made for food and lodging of all the Indian citizens, especially nurses from Kerala, the spokesman added.
Akhilesh appealed to the central government to take immediate and effective steps to secure the release of all Indians stranded in Iraq, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown