Akhilesh Yadav appeals to Centre to evacuate Indians from Iraq
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday appealed to the central government to evacuate all Indian citizens, including those from the state, stranded in Iraq.
The Chief Minister said that tight security arrangements should be made for the Indians till the time they can be evacuated from Iraq, an official spokesman said here in a statement.
Besides, adequate arrangements should be made for food and lodging of all the Indian citizens, especially nurses from Kerala, the spokesman added.
Akhilesh appealed to the central government to take immediate and effective steps to secure the release of all Indians stranded in Iraq, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price