Akhilesh Yadav appeals to Centre to evacuate Indians from Iraq
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday appealed to the central government to evacuate all Indian citizens, including those from the state, stranded in Iraq.
The Chief Minister said that tight security arrangements should be made for the Indians till the time they can be evacuated from Iraq, an official spokesman said here in a statement.
Besides, adequate arrangements should be made for food and lodging of all the Indian citizens, especially nurses from Kerala, the spokesman added.
Akhilesh appealed to the central government to take immediate and effective steps to secure the release of all Indians stranded in Iraq, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket