Akhilesh Yadav appeals to Centre to evacuate Indians from Iraq
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday appealed to the central government to evacuate all Indian citizens, including those from the state, stranded in Iraq.
The Chief Minister said that tight security arrangements should be made for the Indians till the time they can be evacuated from Iraq, an official spokesman said here in a statement.
Besides, adequate arrangements should be made for food and lodging of all the Indian citizens, especially nurses from Kerala, the spokesman added.
Akhilesh appealed to the central government to take immediate and effective steps to secure the release of all Indians stranded in Iraq, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city