Akhilesh Yadav asks IAS officers to be bold and impartial
Lucknow: Describing the next three months before general elections as crucial, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday called upon senior officials of the state to work in an unbiased and bold manner.
Inaugurating the `IAS week` here, the Chief Minister asked the gathering of IAS officers of UP cadre to ensure impartiality and boldness in their functioning during the next three months before the Lok Sabha elections.
Instructing them to ensure quality in the implementation of various development schemes and welfare programmes, he asked them to regularly review them and carry out inspections.
Warning that corruption would not be tolerated, he asked for strict action on complaints of graft and directed that there should be sensitivity at all level in this regard.
Yadav also directed officials to meet people and solve their problems and said there should be emphasis on improving the law and order for development of the state.
He also stressed on proper training of police force from time to time and the use of modern technology in their functioning.
Stressing on the importance of good law and order for the progress of the state, he said even small incidents should not go unresolved as anti-social elements take advantage of such a situation and this tarnishes the state`s image.
Referring to the development works in the state, the Chief Minister said though some departments have done a good job, there were some others whose performance had not been satisfactory and they should do the needful in this regard.
Warning the lax officials, he said that he had been getting feedback of good work being done by district level officials through his `janata ka darshan` programme, an initiative to hear public grievances.
Maintaining that his government was working for the people, he said the government had extended all possible help including providing land for the AIIMS complex in Rae Bareli which he said had faced several hurdles during the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’