Akhilesh Yadav blames Centre for bad condition of UP sugar mills
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday blamed the Centre for pitiable condition of sugar mills in the state.
"The centre is responsible for bad condition of sugar mills in the state. Heavy import of sugar by the Centre has led to this situation...," Akhilesh told reporters here.
Asked about AAP candidate Baba Hardev Singh`s prospects of winning from the Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat against SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh asked how the party that could not win 50 seats in Delhi could challenge SP in UP.
On the possibility of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi contesting from the state, Akhilesh said, "He is a visitor to the state and will remain so."
"Only SP supremo Mulayam Singh understands the problems of rural folk... Neither BJP nor Congress could challenge him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway