Akhilesh Yadav blames Centre for bad condition of UP sugar mills
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday blamed the Centre for pitiable condition of sugar mills in the state.
"The centre is responsible for bad condition of sugar mills in the state. Heavy import of sugar by the Centre has led to this situation...," Akhilesh told reporters here.
Asked about AAP candidate Baba Hardev Singh`s prospects of winning from the Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat against SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh asked how the party that could not win 50 seats in Delhi could challenge SP in UP.
On the possibility of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi contesting from the state, Akhilesh said, "He is a visitor to the state and will remain so."
"Only SP supremo Mulayam Singh understands the problems of rural folk... Neither BJP nor Congress could challenge him," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley