Akhilesh Yadav impresses Corporate America
Washington: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav seems to have highly impressed leaders of Corporate America who think he represents the young population of India who want change and progress.
American business leaders who recently met Yadav in Lucknow got impressed when he asked them what his government needs to do to attract American investment in his state.
"What do we need to do invite American investment to Uttar Pradesh, to out achieve other progressive Indian states," was the question that Yadav asked the delegation of Corporate America, said Ron Somers, president of US Indian Business
Highly impressed by Yadav, Somers said the new Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh "represents the young population of India, who want change and progress".
That new hope, that aspiration for progress would be centre of India-US partnership, Somers said at a reception hosted by USIBC in honour of the new US Ambassador to India, Nancy Powell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok