Akhilesh Yadav in Karnataka on two-day visit
Bangalore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, whose Samajwadi Party has one member in the Karnataka Assembly for the first time, arrived here on Thursday on a two-day visit to the state.
He has old connection with Karnataka as he did his engineering course from a college in Mysore, about 130 km from here.
On his first visit to Karnataka after becoming the chief minister, he is scheduled to address a public meeting Friday in Channapatna, about 60 km from here, from where his party candidate CP Yogeshwara won the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Election.
Yadav is also due to visit his alma mater, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering in Mysore.
Yogeshwara contested on the Samajwadi Party ticket as he was denied nomination by the Congress, which he had hoped to get. Earier, he had quit as a minister in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state. He had joined the BJP after quitting the Congress in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS