Akhilesh Yadav in Karnataka on two-day visit
Bangalore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, whose Samajwadi Party has one member in the Karnataka Assembly for the first time, arrived here on Thursday on a two-day visit to the state.
He has old connection with Karnataka as he did his engineering course from a college in Mysore, about 130 km from here.
On his first visit to Karnataka after becoming the chief minister, he is scheduled to address a public meeting Friday in Channapatna, about 60 km from here, from where his party candidate CP Yogeshwara won the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Election.
Yadav is also due to visit his alma mater, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering in Mysore.
Yogeshwara contested on the Samajwadi Party ticket as he was denied nomination by the Congress, which he had hoped to get. Earier, he had quit as a minister in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state. He had joined the BJP after quitting the Congress in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic