Akhilesh Yadav in Karnataka on two-day visit
Bangalore: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, whose Samajwadi Party has one member in the Karnataka Assembly for the first time, arrived here on Thursday on a two-day visit to the state.
He has old connection with Karnataka as he did his engineering course from a college in Mysore, about 130 km from here.
On his first visit to Karnataka after becoming the chief minister, he is scheduled to address a public meeting Friday in Channapatna, about 60 km from here, from where his party candidate CP Yogeshwara won the May 05 Karnataka Assembly Election.
Yadav is also due to visit his alma mater, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering in Mysore.
Yogeshwara contested on the Samajwadi Party ticket as he was denied nomination by the Congress, which he had hoped to get. Earier, he had quit as a minister in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state. He had joined the BJP after quitting the Congress in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!