Akhilesh Yadav launches free laptop scheme for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday launched free laptop scheme for intermediate pass students as promised in the manifesto during Assembly elections last year.
"There is no difference in the words and act of Samajwadi Party. We made efforts to fulfill our promises within a year," Yadav said while launching the scheme at a function here.
He said when the project was being prepared, people said it would not take off.
"Nobody expected from SP that it will talk about English and laptop, but the party realised the change and took an initiative," he said.
"It is true that a number of people were waiting for the scheme. Opposition parties were waiting for it, but students and youths were waiting for it more eagerly," he said.
Samajwadi Party in its manifesto had promised to distribute free laptops to all intermediate students.
"Laptop and internet has change everything, whether it is government functioning or field of education. We want that tomorrow the world should not say that we have not done internet-based progressive education," he said.
"Through internet, the children will enter a new world and get the benefit of progressive education," Yadav said.
He said more than the beneficiaries, SP government was happy with the implementation of the scheme.
The manifesto is the most important document of any party, he said.
"One party never prepared the manifesto (for assembly elections). There is one which backtrack from its promises. There is no difference in the words and act of SP," he said.
Yadav said his party had never levelled allegation against anyone in case of mishaps or tragedies and alleged there were people who try to take political advantage of an incident.
"If there was a riot, we made efforts to take action against the people responsible. If there was a stampede, we never level allegation on anyone, but think that how people were taken to a safe place," he said.
He alleged that unemployment had increased due to wrong policies of the previous government and said his government was trying to create new opportunities to increase investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'