Akhilesh Yadav launches free laptop scheme for students
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday launched free laptop scheme for intermediate pass students as promised in the manifesto during Assembly elections last year.
"There is no difference in the words and act of Samajwadi Party. We made efforts to fulfill our promises within a year," Yadav said while launching the scheme at a function here.
He said when the project was being prepared, people said it would not take off.
"Nobody expected from SP that it will talk about English and laptop, but the party realised the change and took an initiative," he said.
"It is true that a number of people were waiting for the scheme. Opposition parties were waiting for it, but students and youths were waiting for it more eagerly," he said.
Samajwadi Party in its manifesto had promised to distribute free laptops to all intermediate students.
"Laptop and internet has change everything, whether it is government functioning or field of education. We want that tomorrow the world should not say that we have not done internet-based progressive education," he said.
"Through internet, the children will enter a new world and get the benefit of progressive education," Yadav said.
He said more than the beneficiaries, SP government was happy with the implementation of the scheme.
The manifesto is the most important document of any party, he said.
"One party never prepared the manifesto (for assembly elections). There is one which backtrack from its promises. There is no difference in the words and act of SP," he said.
Yadav said his party had never levelled allegation against anyone in case of mishaps or tragedies and alleged there were people who try to take political advantage of an incident.
"If there was a riot, we made efforts to take action against the people responsible. If there was a stampede, we never level allegation on anyone, but think that how people were taken to a safe place," he said.
He alleged that unemployment had increased due to wrong policies of the previous government and said his government was trying to create new opportunities to increase investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi