Akhilesh Yadav meets delegation of doctors from Myanmar
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday met a delegation of doctors from Myanmar at his official residence here.
The delegation of doctors from Yangon General Hospital in Myanmar is on a five-day visit to Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences here between July 1 and July 5, an official release said.
Welcoming the delegation, Akhilesh said: "This visit will strengthen the friendship between India and Myanmar. Such types of events accelerate mutual exchange of technical knowledge".
The UP Chief Minister said that he hoped that the doctors from Myanmar would get the required information that will benefit the people of their country.
Meanwhile, a Chinese delegation met Minister of State for Energy Yasir Shah and expressed interest in working in power generation, transmission and distribution sectors of Uttar Pradesh.
The delegation gave a presentation to the minister regarding their work in the sector, following which Shah directed the Chairman and Managing Director of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam to have a detailed discussion on the matter and take necessary steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police