Akhilesh Yadav meets UP Governor
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday called on Governor BL Joshi here ahead of the budget session of the state legislature, which is likely to be dominated by opposition attack over spate of rapes and killings in the state.
An official release described the meeting as a courtesy call.
The budget session is scheduled to start from June 19.
The Samajwadi Party government in UP has repeatedly come under attack on the charge that it has failed to address the law and order problem.
In the latest case which sparked nationwide outrage, two cousin sisters in Badaun district were allegedly raped and murdered about two weeks back with their bodies left hanging from a tree. Two BJP leaders have also been murdered in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state