Akhilesh Yadav meets UP Governor
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday called on Governor BL Joshi here ahead of the budget session of the state legislature, which is likely to be dominated by opposition attack over spate of rapes and killings in the state.
An official release described the meeting as a courtesy call.
The budget session is scheduled to start from June 19.
The Samajwadi Party government in UP has repeatedly come under attack on the charge that it has failed to address the law and order problem.
In the latest case which sparked nationwide outrage, two cousin sisters in Badaun district were allegedly raped and murdered about two weeks back with their bodies left hanging from a tree. Two BJP leaders have also been murdered in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister