Akhilesh Yadav presents Rs 7,112.39 cr supplementary budget of UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday presented the first supplementary budget of Rs 7,112.39 crore in the state Vidhan Sabha.
The budget, tabled by Yadav who also holds the finance portfolio, has a maximum provision of Rs 1,000 crore for the power department.
Besides, it has allocated of Rs 899 crore for agriculture and Panchayati Raj, Rs 170 crore for civil aviation, Rs 100 crore for Lohia Gramin Avas Yojna.
The budget also has an allocation of Rs 15 crore for Rural Institute of Medical Sciences in Saifai Etawah (native village of the Chief Minister), Rs 8.55 crore for purchasing land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli and Rs 75 crore for making payment of sugarcane dues.
There is also a provision of Rs 109 crore for new voter identity cards and other preparations for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, besides Rs 40 crore for purchasing a new aircraft for the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton unfit to lead US; our way of life is under threat from radical Islam: Donald Trump
- Kathmandu Valley to observe chariot festival today
- Infiltration, terror attacks to figure prominently when Rajnath Singh travels to Pakistan next month
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday