Akhilesh Yadav sacks two UP ministers for alleged anti-party activities
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minsiter Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday sacked ministers Anand Singh and Manoj Paras allegedly for anti-party activities, official sources said.
The development came days after Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav warned UP ministers to "mend" their ways or face the sack.
While Singh was a cabinet minister with Agriculture portfolio, Paras was a minister of state with stamp and civil defence departments.
Meanwhile, citing one more probable reason behind this sacking, party sources said that Mulayam Singh Yadav was unhappy with Singh`s son Kirtivardhan joining BJP.
Kirtivardhan had in a press conference in Gonda yesterday attacked Mulayam, accusing him of propagating dynastic politics. He had even alleged that he had to pay a "bribe" of Rs 5000 to meet Mulayam when he was the Chief Minister though he was a party MP, a charge denied by the Samajwadi Party.
"In 2004, when Yadav was CM, I had to give Rs 5000 packet to his personal secretary to meet him in the capacity of MP," Singh, who resigned from SP and joined BJP recently, told reporters.
The sources said Paras was also involved in anti-party activities and that Mulayam had received complaints against him. With their sacking, the leadership intends to send a strong message to party men ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
Voicing dissatisfaction with the performance of UP Ministers, Mulayam had on Wednesday said that the state government was "weakening" the party and had ticked off his son and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking him to keep distance from "sycophants".
"I have not reviewed the performance of ministers in the state government but I know what they are doing. Ministers and officers, you all should mend your ways within 10 days.... The party is bigger than the government.... This government is weakening the party," Mulayam had said pulling up Akhilesh government.
"Some persons are trying to betray me and think that they will continue as ministers...," he had warned.
The Agriculture department would be looked after by the CM while the departments held by Paras would remain with cabinet minister Mahendra Aridaman Singh, the sources said.
According to an English news channel, the UP CM also suspended three excise department officers today.
The then District excise officer (DEO), Kanpur, Vinod Kumar, DEO, Agra, SP Singh and DEO, Kanpur, Mubarak Ali have been placed under suspension, official sources said.
The officers have been accused of financial irregularities.
A departmental probe has also been ordered against these officers, the sources said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh