Akhilesh Yadav says some forces exploiting Muzaffarnagar violence for poll gains
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: With incidents of fresh violence reported from Muzaffarnagar late Wednesday, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister on Thursday assured strict action against the people trying to incite violence.
Addressing the reporters, Akhilesh said that people, who have tried to vitiate the atmosphere by stirring violence in the Muzaffarnagar district strict action will be taken against the culprits.
The UP Chief Minister asserted that as elections are nearing some elements are trying to take advantage with such incidents.
The situation in Muzaffarnagar, where three people were killed in a communal clash late Wednesday, continued to be tense Thursday.
Four people, including a woman, have been killed in two incidents of violence in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh.
The clashes occurred in the Bhaurankalan police station area, when people from two communities fought a pitched battle in which three youngsters were shot dead.
The administration has imposed Section 144 in the area to avoid any untoward incident.
Communal riots in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring areas of Shamli and Meerut had left 63 people dead between Sep 6 and 10. More than 43,000 people were rendered homeless and many of them have refused to go back home, citing the possibility of revenge attacks.
The state government has released Rs 90 crore for the 1,800 families, mostly Muslim, who had refused to go back to their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa