Akhilesh Yadav snubs critics, goes ahead with grand Bollywood night at Saifai
Zee Media Bureau
Saifai: The home town of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav, Saifai, witnessed a grand Bollywood night on Wednesday. And not far away, at relief camps for Muzaffarnagar riot victims people were struggling with cold.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and his Samajwadi Party has come under severe criticism for, on one hand, failing to rehabilitate Muzaffarnagar riot victims and, on the other, splurging on the ongoing festival at Saifai.
Despite being slammed, Akhilesh went ahead with the grand night at Saifai Mahotsav where Bollywood stars Salman Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Deepika Padukone performed last night.
The CM made it a point to attend last night`s celebrations, which have made headlines at a time questions are being raised on the UP government`s treatment of Muzaffarnagar riot victims.
As per reports, apart from Salman, Madhuri and Deepika, Ranveer Singh, Mallika Sherawat, Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan were flown to Saifai on seven chartered jets.
The grand finale was barred from being telecast live, after criticism of the even grew.
Criticism of the event, into its 15th edition, mounted after reports emerged that 34 children had died at the relief camps in view of lack of facilities to tackle the bitter cold that has swept the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter