Akhilesh Yadav visits Nepal
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is on a two-day official trip to Nepal, officials said on Tuesday.
He is accompanied by a delegation, including his uncle and Public Works Department Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav.
Akhilesh, who left late Monday, is scheduled to meet Nepal Prime Minister Sushil Koirala and President Ram Baran Yadav.
During the two-day visit, Akhilesh Yadav will hold discussions with officials and ministers of neighbouring Nepal on border issues.
The issues pertain to the 500-km long and porous border.
While many tourist spots on the border draw large number of tourists, it has been a matter of concern for the Indian security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies