Akhilesh Yadav, wife have narrow escape as bird hits chopper
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had a narrow escape on Sunday when his chopper was hit by a bird, officials said.
Yadav was accompanied by his wife Dimple Yadav, the MP from Kannauj, and Public Works Department Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav. He was returning from Saifai after attending the funeral of his uncle Ratan Singh Yadav when the incident took place.
Officials said an eagle hit the front window pane of the private chopper at an altitude of 3,000 feet, 12 km away from the Lucknow airport.
The pilots of the helicopter, however, managed to safely land the chopper at the airport.
Several ambulances, fire tenders and officials were rushed to the airport, officials told a news agency.
Last week, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati too had a narrow escape at the Lucknow airport when the rear wheel of the private plane she was travelling in got stuck during landing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'