Aligarh DM mocks at martyrs` families, questions need for compensation
Aligarh: District magistrate of Aligarh Rajeev Rautela has reportedly made certain remarks regarding the compensation that are handed out to martyrs families, which has snowballed into a major controversy.
the top uttar pradesh bureaucrat hit out at families of martyrs and made statements which implied that demands for compensation by them were unprecedented.
The DM, while addressing a group of journalist said that India was a `land of mourners`. He added "5,000 Americans have been killed in Afghanistan, but their families are never asked asking for compensation." As per Rautela it was so because they wanted to do something for the country.
He did not stop here but went on to add that it was every soldier`s duty to give their lives when at war and that the jawan was paid by the government. The DM also said that if the soldier dies at the border while serving the country, then the family does not allow last rites to take place till they get compensation or petrol pumps. Rautela questioned as to how the country would progress like this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan