All arrangements for Narendra Modi`s Kanpur rally in place: BJP
Kanpur: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP`s) National Media Convener Shrikant Sharma said all arrangements for Narendra Modi`s rally in Kanpur are in place, and added that party workers are very enthusiastic to hear Modi, who has become synonymous with good governance and development.
"The party workers are very enthusiastic, and the entire country wants to hear him.
BJP will form Government in Delhi. Modi has become synonymous to good governance. People want development, and proper law and order situation. The youth of this country and farmers want to see Modi as the prime minister in 2014. The Congress Party and its associates like SP, BSP are misleading the people," he said.
The rally which has been named as `Vijaya Sankhanaad` has a separate gallery for youth, which has been set up close to the dais where Modi would be speaking.
Kanpur has been decked with posters, hoardings, bunting and banners that give details of the rally and its venue-the social welfare department ground opposite the Gautam Buddha Park in Indiranagar.
Special teams of party workers have been formed to get students for Modi`s audience, and they are reportedly invited students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and other local colleges for the event.
In an attempt to reach out to everyone, the party has trained a team of about 150 workers, who would be equipped with laptop and mobile phones, to share the information and updates of the event in various social networking sites.
Sophisticated audio system and a large number of LED screen has been installed at various points.
The holding of the rally in Kanpur, which is widely regarded as a bastion of the Rashtriya Swayam Sewak Sangh (RSS), is being projected as a crucial strategic move to snare as many Lok Sabha seats as possible out of the total 80 seats that are up for grabs in Uttar Pradesh during next year`s general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends