All gas-leak affected Samsung staff discharged from hosp
New Delhi: South Korean consumer durables major
Samsung on Wednesday said the six employees who were kept under
observation following yesterday`s gas leakage incident at its
Noida plant have been discharged from hospital.
A total of 32 employees of the company`s washing machine
assembly plant at Noida had been sent to Kailash Hospital
following the incident.
"While all the employees taken yesterday were discharged
after first aid, the six who were kept under observation
yesterday, have also been discharged today," the company said
in a statement.
It added that initial investigation has suggested
malfunctioning of the fork lift in the plant as reason behind
the gas leakage.
"The suffocation experienced by our workers in the
washing machine line prima facie appears to have been caused
by the malfunctioning of the fork lift, which is an unusual
occurrence," the statement said.
The employees suffered breathlessness and burning eye
sensation due to release of excess fumes.
The company added that it has in place all necessary
safeguards to prevent such incidents.
"Samsung facility at Noida is complying with all
necessary environmental and safety norms. We take any incident
where employee health is put to risk seriously and we will be
taking all necessary steps to ensure that an incident of this
nature is not repeated," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!