All measures taken to ensure no deaths at relief camps: UP govt
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday said that it has made adequate arrangements for people at the Muzaffarnagar riot relief camps and there would not be any further deaths due to cold and starvation.
"The state government has made adequate arrangements for cold and starvation and there would be no deaths," state PWD minister Shivpal Singh said here.
Incidentally, the report of a committee appointed by the Samajwadi Party government has found that as many as 34 children from the relief camps have died between September 7 and December 20.
The children, according to the panel report, died of pneumonia, dysentery, fever and premature birth.
Meanwhile, the minister also slammed officers for going home during lunch and said it should be stopped to ensure less time was wasted at office.
Shivpal said officers instead should bring their lunch to office.
"We have observed that during office hours officers go home for lunch which takes more than two hours. This tradition is wrong," Shivpal said.
"From now on whether it`s the Commissioner, District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate, they will not go home for lunch. They will have to bring their lunch box," he added.
On Aam Adami Party`s convenor Arvind Kejriwal becoming the CM of Delhi, Shivpal said that the people have put faith in him and the party should fulfil their promises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad