Allahabad DRM suspension order revoked
New Delhi: Buckling to the pressure of North
Central Railway officers association, Railways has revoked the
suspension order of Allahabad Divisional Railway Manager (DRM)
S K Aggarwal.
Aggarwal was suspended following the train mishap
involving Kalindi Express and Shram-Shakti Express near Tundla
in Uttar Pradesh on January 16.
The officers association on January 18 had threatened to
go on en mass leave demanding revoking of suspension of the
DRM, a move which could have hampered train operations.
Though his suspension was revoked, Aggarwal has been
transferred to a railway modernisation workshop in Patiala. He
is being replaced by B K Aggarwal, who is currently working as
the Group General Manager (services) IRCTC, a railway PSU, a
railway source said.
Beside Aggarwal, the DME of Delhi Division Vinit Singh,
and two drivers of Kalindi Express Ram Prakash and Satpal
Singh Yadav were suspended on January 16.
However, the suspension order of these three are yet to
be revoked, the source added.
Kalindi Express rammed into Shram-Shakti Express near
Tundla, killing three persons and injuring 17 on January 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof