Allahabad: Girls raped in juvenile home
Allahabad: In a shocking incident, the
alleged rape of at least three girls aged less than 10 years
inside a state-run juvenile home here has come to light
following which its superintendent has been placed under
suspension while a peon accused of the heinous crime has been
arrested, police said.
The accused Vidyabhushan Ojha (52) was arrested from the
vicinity of the juvenile home, which is situated in Shivkuti
locality of the city, last night and police claim that he has
confessed to have sexually assaulted a number of inmates.
The matter came to light when a six year-old girl
narrated the horrendous happenings inside the juvenile home to
a city-based couple who had adopted her recently.
The horrified couple contacted the juvenile home`s
superintendent Urmila Gupta who got an FIR registered at the
Shivkuti police station against Ojha, a native of Siwan
district in neighbouring state of Bihar.
Police claim that three girls from the juvenile home were
taken for medical tests following Ojha`s confession and their
sexual assault has been confirmed.
Meanwhile, District Probation Officer Ila Pant has
suspended the superintendent Urmila Gupta for "negligence"
while the services of Ojha, who was a contractual employee,
have been terminated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media