Allahabad HC asks IIIT Allahabad Director to step down
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday asked the Director of Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad to step down and hand over the charge to the "senior-most Dean" of the institution.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Arun Tandon and S P Kesarwani dismissed a petition filed by the Director of IIIT MD Tiwari, who had challenged the Chancellor`s order to relinquish the post upon completion of his tenure.
Tiwari has been the Director of the Institute since 2002.
After serving two five-year terms, he was granted a six-month extension which came to an end in June last year.
He was directed by the Chancellor to relinquish the post, but Tiwari moved the court challenging the order with the plea that he could not be asked to go until a new Director was appointed.
Meanwhile, hearing yet another petition by Tiwari in which he had challenged the ongoing selection process for the Director of the Institute, the court asked the respondent authorities to file counter affidavit and ordered that no appointment be made to the post "until further orders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan