Allahabad HC asks IIIT Allahabad Director to step down
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday asked the Director of Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad to step down and hand over the charge to the "senior-most Dean" of the institution.
A Division Bench comprising Justices Arun Tandon and S P Kesarwani dismissed a petition filed by the Director of IIIT MD Tiwari, who had challenged the Chancellor`s order to relinquish the post upon completion of his tenure.
Tiwari has been the Director of the Institute since 2002.
After serving two five-year terms, he was granted a six-month extension which came to an end in June last year.
He was directed by the Chancellor to relinquish the post, but Tiwari moved the court challenging the order with the plea that he could not be asked to go until a new Director was appointed.
Meanwhile, hearing yet another petition by Tiwari in which he had challenged the ongoing selection process for the Director of the Institute, the court asked the respondent authorities to file counter affidavit and ordered that no appointment be made to the post "until further orders".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman