Allahabad HC directs listing of UPCC chief`s petition
Lucknow: The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad
High Court on Monday directed listing of the writ petition of UPCC
chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi seeking a CBI probe in the case
relating to arson at her house on July 15.
A division bench comprising Justices Abdul Mateen and
Satish Chandra passed the order.
Meanwhile, it was contended on behalf of the state
government that fair investigation was on and allegations
levelled by the petitioner of political pressure in the probe
are a fallout of some vendetta.
A rejoinder affidavit was also filed on behalf of Joshi
against a counter affidavit filed by the state government
during the last hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez