Allahabad HC directs listing of UPCC chief`s petition
Lucknow: The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad
High Court on Monday directed listing of the writ petition of UPCC
chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi seeking a CBI probe in the case
relating to arson at her house on July 15.
A division bench comprising Justices Abdul Mateen and
Satish Chandra passed the order.
Meanwhile, it was contended on behalf of the state
government that fair investigation was on and allegations
levelled by the petitioner of political pressure in the probe
are a fallout of some vendetta.
A rejoinder affidavit was also filed on behalf of Joshi
against a counter affidavit filed by the state government
during the last hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!