Allahabad HC directs listing of UPCC chief`s petition
Lucknow: The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad
High Court on Monday directed listing of the writ petition of UPCC
chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi seeking a CBI probe in the case
relating to arson at her house on July 15.
A division bench comprising Justices Abdul Mateen and
Satish Chandra passed the order.
Meanwhile, it was contended on behalf of the state
government that fair investigation was on and allegations
levelled by the petitioner of political pressure in the probe
are a fallout of some vendetta.
A rejoinder affidavit was also filed on behalf of Joshi
against a counter affidavit filed by the state government
during the last hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway