Allahabad HC dismisses PIL against UP minister
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court today
dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe against Uttar Pradesh PWD
minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui and his wife over allegations of
illegally amassing properties.
A division bench here, comprising Justices Abdul Mateen
and D K Upadhyay passed the order on the PIL, filed by a local
lawyer Basant Lal, who alleged that Siddiqui and his wife
Husna Siddiqui have acquired properties worth crores of Rupees
by indulging in corruption.
A direction was also sought by the petitioner to
attach the whole properties of Siddiqui and his wife and to
lodge an FIR against them.
Strongly opposing the PIL, the Additional Government
Advocate for state government R P Shukla contended that the
allegations leveled in the PIL are baseless and not
substantiated with evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS