Allahabad HC dismisses PIL against UP minister
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court today
dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe against Uttar Pradesh PWD
minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui and his wife over allegations of
illegally amassing properties.
A division bench here, comprising Justices Abdul Mateen
and D K Upadhyay passed the order on the PIL, filed by a local
lawyer Basant Lal, who alleged that Siddiqui and his wife
Husna Siddiqui have acquired properties worth crores of Rupees
by indulging in corruption.
A direction was also sought by the petitioner to
attach the whole properties of Siddiqui and his wife and to
lodge an FIR against them.
Strongly opposing the PIL, the Additional Government
Advocate for state government R P Shukla contended that the
allegations leveled in the PIL are baseless and not
substantiated with evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you