Allahabad HC dismisses PIL against UP minister
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court today
dismissed a PIL seeking CBI probe against Uttar Pradesh PWD
minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui and his wife over allegations of
illegally amassing properties.
A division bench here, comprising Justices Abdul Mateen
and D K Upadhyay passed the order on the PIL, filed by a local
lawyer Basant Lal, who alleged that Siddiqui and his wife
Husna Siddiqui have acquired properties worth crores of Rupees
by indulging in corruption.
A direction was also sought by the petitioner to
attach the whole properties of Siddiqui and his wife and to
lodge an FIR against them.
Strongly opposing the PIL, the Additional Government
Advocate for state government R P Shukla contended that the
allegations leveled in the PIL are baseless and not
substantiated with evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian
- SBI associates' staff will not be affected by merger: Arun Jaitley
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg