Allahabad HC issues notice to Samajwadi MLA in murder case
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday issued notice to an MLA of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh on a petition seeking probe by an independent agency into his alleged role in the murder of his security guard.
A division bench comprising Justices Ravindra Singh and Anil Kumar Agrawal issued the notice to Sayeed Ahmed, who represents Phulpur Assembly seat in Allahabad district, on the petition of one Mohd Alam.
Alam had alleged that his brother Azam, who worked as a security guard for Ahmed, had gone missing in 2011 following which an FIR was lodged subsequently and his body was later recovered from Madhya Pradesh`s Rewa district.
The petitioner had claimed that being a security guard, his brother was privy to many "secrets" of the SP leader and that the latter`s role in the murder needed to be investigated by an "independent agency".
Issuing notice to the MLA, the court fixed May 8 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
48-year-old Ahmed achieved his maiden electoral victory in the last year`s UP Assembly polls which also saw his party coming to power with an absolute majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!