Allahabad HC issues notice to Samajwadi MLA in murder case
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday issued notice to an MLA of the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh on a petition seeking probe by an independent agency into his alleged role in the murder of his security guard.
A division bench comprising Justices Ravindra Singh and Anil Kumar Agrawal issued the notice to Sayeed Ahmed, who represents Phulpur Assembly seat in Allahabad district, on the petition of one Mohd Alam.
Alam had alleged that his brother Azam, who worked as a security guard for Ahmed, had gone missing in 2011 following which an FIR was lodged subsequently and his body was later recovered from Madhya Pradesh`s Rewa district.
The petitioner had claimed that being a security guard, his brother was privy to many "secrets" of the SP leader and that the latter`s role in the murder needed to be investigated by an "independent agency".
Issuing notice to the MLA, the court fixed May 8 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
48-year-old Ahmed achieved his maiden electoral victory in the last year`s UP Assembly polls which also saw his party coming to power with an absolute majority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli
- Three Kosovans among dead in Munich shooting: Ministry
- Bangladeshi national held near international border in Jammu