Allahabad HC issues notice to UP DGP on custodial death
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court today issued show cause notices to Principal
Secretary Home and Director General of Police for
non-compliance of its earlier order into an alleged custodial
death of a youth in Barabanki.
A division bench comprising Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice V K Dixit passed the order on a writ petition filed by
Ram Naresh of Barabanki whose son Sushil Verma allegedly died
during police interrogation.
The petitioner sought a direction from the court that
the case should be investigated either by CBI or any other
The writ petition was filed in July and the state
government counsel was directed to file a reply but no
instruction for reply were sent by Barabanki district police.
"Let a notice be issued to Principal Secretary and DGP of
UP and SP, Barabanki, to show cause why inspite of specific
order of the court dated July 31 last, instructions have not
been sent and counter affidavit (reply) not filed," the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!