Allahabad HC issues notice to UP DGP on custodial death
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court today issued show cause notices to Principal
Secretary Home and Director General of Police for
non-compliance of its earlier order into an alleged custodial
death of a youth in Barabanki.
A division bench comprising Justice Abdul Mateen and
Justice V K Dixit passed the order on a writ petition filed by
Ram Naresh of Barabanki whose son Sushil Verma allegedly died
during police interrogation.
The petitioner sought a direction from the court that
the case should be investigated either by CBI or any other
The writ petition was filed in July and the state
government counsel was directed to file a reply but no
instruction for reply were sent by Barabanki district police.
"Let a notice be issued to Principal Secretary and DGP of
UP and SP, Barabanki, to show cause why inspite of specific
order of the court dated July 31 last, instructions have not
been sent and counter affidavit (reply) not filed," the court
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional