Allahabad HC lawyers protest in support of Hazare
Allahabad: Judicial work was paralysed at the
Allahabad High Court as lawyers blocked entry into the
premises and staged demonstrations in support of jailed social
activist Anna Hazare.
The lawyers, led by High Court Bar Association (HCBA)
President Umesh Narain Sharma gathered around the High Court
premises, raising slogans against the arrest of Hazare two
The advocates termed the government`s move as "repression
of a peaceful struggle against corruption which is enjoying
Some of the agitators squatted at the gates of the High
Court, blocking entry of visitors, including other court staff
and employees of a bank situated inside the premises.
Similar demonstrations were being taken out in other parts
of the city, including the busy Civil Lines crossing and the
historic Chandrashekhar Azad Park by students, civil rights
groups and common citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post