Allahabad HC lawyers protest in support of Hazare
Allahabad: Judicial work was paralysed at the
Allahabad High Court as lawyers blocked entry into the
premises and staged demonstrations in support of jailed social
activist Anna Hazare.
The lawyers, led by High Court Bar Association (HCBA)
President Umesh Narain Sharma gathered around the High Court
premises, raising slogans against the arrest of Hazare two
The advocates termed the government`s move as "repression
of a peaceful struggle against corruption which is enjoying
Some of the agitators squatted at the gates of the High
Court, blocking entry of visitors, including other court staff
and employees of a bank situated inside the premises.
Similar demonstrations were being taken out in other parts
of the city, including the busy Civil Lines crossing and the
historic Chandrashekhar Azad Park by students, civil rights
groups and common citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation