Allahabad HC lawyers protest in support of Hazare
Allahabad: Judicial work was paralysed at the
Allahabad High Court as lawyers blocked entry into the
premises and staged demonstrations in support of jailed social
activist Anna Hazare.
The lawyers, led by High Court Bar Association (HCBA)
President Umesh Narain Sharma gathered around the High Court
premises, raising slogans against the arrest of Hazare two
The advocates termed the government`s move as "repression
of a peaceful struggle against corruption which is enjoying
Some of the agitators squatted at the gates of the High
Court, blocking entry of visitors, including other court staff
and employees of a bank situated inside the premises.
Similar demonstrations were being taken out in other parts
of the city, including the busy Civil Lines crossing and the
historic Chandrashekhar Azad Park by students, civil rights
groups and common citizens.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory