Allahabad HC notice to Tikait
Muzaffarnagar: The Allahabad High Court
has issued a notice to Bharatiya Kisan Union president
Mahendra Singh Tikait in a case related to alleged land
grabbing in the district.
The court directed Tikait to reply by July 12.
A bench of Chief Justice A Lal and Justice Shabiul
Hasan has issued the notice on a PIL filed by an ex-army
officer Major Balbir Singh of this district.
According to the petitioner, Tikait has grabbed
several bigas of government land at Sisoli town in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!