Allahabad HC notice to UP govt over its power policy
Lucknow: Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Wednesday directed the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government to file their replies on a PIL seeking direction for the 24-hours uninterrupted power supply in the state like in some VIP cities.
A vacation division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Shahi Kant passed this order on the PIL filed by Hindu Front for Justices (HFJ) and others.
The PIL alleged that while 24-hours power supply is being given to VIP cities like Azamgarh (represented by Mulayam Singh Yadav), Mainpuri and Kannauj while other cities are facing discrimination and facing power cuts.
Petitioners` counsel H S Jain argues that uninterrupted power supply is essential for whole UP like it is for the VIP cities.
On behalf of the state, Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal opposed the PIL saying that it is not maintainable as already a similar petition was pending in a court.
The Court while directing to club the PIL along with the pending petition, gave four weeks time to Centre and UP government to file their replies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'