Allahabad HC notice to UP govt over its power policy
Lucknow: Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Wednesday directed the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government to file their replies on a PIL seeking direction for the 24-hours uninterrupted power supply in the state like in some VIP cities.
A vacation division bench comprising Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Shahi Kant passed this order on the PIL filed by Hindu Front for Justices (HFJ) and others.
The PIL alleged that while 24-hours power supply is being given to VIP cities like Azamgarh (represented by Mulayam Singh Yadav), Mainpuri and Kannauj while other cities are facing discrimination and facing power cuts.
Petitioners` counsel H S Jain argues that uninterrupted power supply is essential for whole UP like it is for the VIP cities.
On behalf of the state, Additional Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal opposed the PIL saying that it is not maintainable as already a similar petition was pending in a court.
The Court while directing to club the PIL along with the pending petition, gave four weeks time to Centre and UP government to file their replies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders