Allahabad HC reserves verdict on PIL on Jan Lokpal Bill
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad
high court on Tuesday reserved its judgement on a PIL challenging
the validity of a resolution of the central government issued
for constituting of a committee to draft the Jan Lokpal Bill.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradip Kant and
Justice Ved Pal reserved the judgement after hearing the
arguments of counsel of the parties.
The resolution dated April 8, 2011, was challenged by
the PIL by a local lawyer Ashok Pandey saying it was bad in
law while the Centre defended it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer advance but Britain's World No. 706 Marcus Willis steals show
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why
- 7th Pay Commission: Centre may disburse increased allowances prospectively