Allahabad HC reserves verdict on PIL on Jan Lokpal Bill
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad
high court on Tuesday reserved its judgement on a PIL challenging
the validity of a resolution of the central government issued
for constituting of a committee to draft the Jan Lokpal Bill.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradip Kant and
Justice Ved Pal reserved the judgement after hearing the
arguments of counsel of the parties.
The resolution dated April 8, 2011, was challenged by
the PIL by a local lawyer Ashok Pandey saying it was bad in
law while the Centre defended it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing