Allahabad HC reserves verdict on PIL on Jan Lokpal Bill
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad
high court on Tuesday reserved its judgement on a PIL challenging
the validity of a resolution of the central government issued
for constituting of a committee to draft the Jan Lokpal Bill.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradip Kant and
Justice Ved Pal reserved the judgement after hearing the
arguments of counsel of the parties.
The resolution dated April 8, 2011, was challenged by
the PIL by a local lawyer Ashok Pandey saying it was bad in
law while the Centre defended it.
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack