Allahabad HC seeks power supply roster for UP
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to present the roster of power supply in the state along with an affidavit upto September 20.
The order was passed by the bench of acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice Anil Kumar on a PIL filed by Hindu Personal Law Board challenging 24 hours power supply in six districts, including Rae Bareli, Amethi and Etawah.
On behalf of the petitioner, counsel Ashok Pandey submitted that uninterrupted power supply in Rae Bareli, Amethi, Etawah, Rampur and Kannauj was against the right of equality provided in the constitution as rostering was being done in other districts of the state.
Instead of this the petitioner sought direction for 24 hours power supply to all religious places in the state.
Appearing on behalf of UP Power Corporation senior counsel S K Kalia while questioning the validity of Hindu Personal Law Board said that no details of the organisation was given by the petitioner hence the petition was liable to be dismissed.
On behalf of the state government additional advocate general Bulbul Godiyal also opposed the petition.
Earlier, on behalf of the state government roster of power supply was submitted in the court on which the bench orally observed that it was disturbing.
In the roster it was said that in wake of visit by VVIPs availability of 24 hours power supply in these districts has to be made.
The court fixed September 24 as the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead