Allahabad HC starts final hearing in Mayawati case
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Tuesday started final hearing on PILs seeking direction for initiation of proceedings of criminal case against former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati and her Cabinet colleague Naseemuddin Siddiqui in alleged Taj Corridor scam.
While on behalf of the petitioner senior counsel of the Supreme Court Kamini Jaiswal appeared before the bench of Justice Imtiyaz Murtaza and Justice Ashwini Kumar Singh, senior counsel Satish Chandra Mishra along with team of advocates represented Mayawati and other defendants.
It may be recalled that the special CBI court had dropped the proceedings against Mayawati and Naseemuddin due to lack of prosecution sanction, which was not granted by the then Governor.
After this three PILs were filed in 2009 challenging the decision of the CBI court. Later three more PILs were filed in this connection.
Hearing in all the six PILs started today which would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi