Allahabad HC stay on summons against Sanjay Dutt
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday
stayed the summons issued by a Barabanki court against
Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt for his alleged indecent remarks
against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati.
The order was passed by the Lucknow bench on a
petition filed by Dutt through his counsel I B Singh.
Justice S N Shukla asked the government to file a
counter affidavit within two weeks.
A court in Barabanki had issued summons against Dutt
in January last year for his alleged indecent remarks against
Mayawati during an election rally.
Dutt, 51, who was then national general secretary of
Samajwadi Party, was addressing the rally in support of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters