Allahabad HC summons Bijnor DM, SP in case against civil judge
Bijnor: Allahabad High Court has summoned the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of Bijnor to explain as to why a civil judge has been booked in a hit and run case, without taking permission from Chief Justice.
High Court Chief Justices FI Ribello and Vineet Saran issued the summon on a writ petition by Najibabad civil judge Tabrez Ahmad.
The case relates to the death of two boys belonging to Karauli village in the district who were over run by a speeding vehicle on November 16.
As part of its investigations, the police had taken a tanker driver and the cleaner into custody, with the driver having reportedly admitted his involvement in the accident.
However, a case against the civil judge was filed after a written complaint by the father of one of the deceased.
The man in his complaint alleged that his son was killed by the civil judge`s car, but later backtracked and lodged a second complaint indicting the driver.
The second complaint was allegedly not heeded by the police, who filed a case against the civil judge.
Any proceedings against the civil judge have been stayed till further orders, the High Court said.
District Magistrate AV Raj Mauli and Superintendent of Police Akhilesh Kumar have to appear in person before the court on December 8 in response to the summon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days