Allahabad HC summons IGP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday
asked an Inspector General of Police to appear before it on
December four in connection with the shifting an official by
him despite a stay on his transfer granted by the Court.
Justice D P Singh also directed Sulkhan Singh, IGP
(Prison Administration), to show cause why he should not be
punished under the Contempt of Courts Act.
The Judge asked him to appear before the Court on
The order was passed on a petition filed by Keshav
Prasad, Deputy Jailor at Naini Central Jail here.
The petitioner alleged the IGP had passed an order
attaching him to the District Jail (Lucknow) despite the fact
that his transfer had been stayed by the Court on June 30 this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?