Allahabad HC summons IGP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday
asked an Inspector General of Police to appear before it on
December four in connection with the shifting an official by
him despite a stay on his transfer granted by the Court.
Justice D P Singh also directed Sulkhan Singh, IGP
(Prison Administration), to show cause why he should not be
punished under the Contempt of Courts Act.
The Judge asked him to appear before the Court on
The order was passed on a petition filed by Keshav
Prasad, Deputy Jailor at Naini Central Jail here.
The petitioner alleged the IGP had passed an order
attaching him to the District Jail (Lucknow) despite the fact
that his transfer had been stayed by the Court on June 30 this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test