Allahabad HC summons IGP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday
asked an Inspector General of Police to appear before it on
December four in connection with the shifting an official by
him despite a stay on his transfer granted by the Court.
Justice D P Singh also directed Sulkhan Singh, IGP
(Prison Administration), to show cause why he should not be
punished under the Contempt of Courts Act.
The Judge asked him to appear before the Court on
The order was passed on a petition filed by Keshav
Prasad, Deputy Jailor at Naini Central Jail here.
The petitioner alleged the IGP had passed an order
attaching him to the District Jail (Lucknow) despite the fact
that his transfer had been stayed by the Court on June 30 this
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why