Allahabad HC summons IGP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Monday
asked an Inspector General of Police to appear before it on
December four in connection with the shifting an official by
him despite a stay on his transfer granted by the Court.
Justice D P Singh also directed Sulkhan Singh, IGP
(Prison Administration), to show cause why he should not be
punished under the Contempt of Courts Act.
The Judge asked him to appear before the Court on
The order was passed on a petition filed by Keshav
Prasad, Deputy Jailor at Naini Central Jail here.
The petitioner alleged the IGP had passed an order
attaching him to the District Jail (Lucknow) despite the fact
that his transfer had been stayed by the Court on June 30 this
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag