Allahabad High Court gets its new Chief Justice
Allahabad: Justice Shiva Kirti Singh was on Monday sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court.
He was administered the oath of office by Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi at a ceremony held inside the High Court premises.
Born on November 13, 1951, Justice Singh obtained his law degree from Patna Law College before starting legal practice at the Patna High Court in 1977.
He made a mark in Criminal, Civil, Service and Constitutional matters and was elevated as a judge of the Patna High Court on December 29, 1998.
He also served as the Chairman of Bihar State Legal Services Authority from March 7, 2006 to October 16, 2012, besides serving as the Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court thrice between May 2009 and May 2010.
He took oath as a senior judge at the Allahabad High Court on October 17, 2012, and became the Acting Chief Justice on October 20, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'