Allahabad High Court gets its new Chief Justice
Allahabad: Justice Shiva Kirti Singh was on Monday sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court.
He was administered the oath of office by Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi at a ceremony held inside the High Court premises.
Born on November 13, 1951, Justice Singh obtained his law degree from Patna Law College before starting legal practice at the Patna High Court in 1977.
He made a mark in Criminal, Civil, Service and Constitutional matters and was elevated as a judge of the Patna High Court on December 29, 1998.
He also served as the Chairman of Bihar State Legal Services Authority from March 7, 2006 to October 16, 2012, besides serving as the Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court thrice between May 2009 and May 2010.
He took oath as a senior judge at the Allahabad High Court on October 17, 2012, and became the Acting Chief Justice on October 20, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?