Allahabad High Court gets its new Chief Justice
Allahabad: Justice Shiva Kirti Singh was on Monday sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court.
He was administered the oath of office by Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi at a ceremony held inside the High Court premises.
Born on November 13, 1951, Justice Singh obtained his law degree from Patna Law College before starting legal practice at the Patna High Court in 1977.
He made a mark in Criminal, Civil, Service and Constitutional matters and was elevated as a judge of the Patna High Court on December 29, 1998.
He also served as the Chairman of Bihar State Legal Services Authority from March 7, 2006 to October 16, 2012, besides serving as the Acting Chief Justice of Patna High Court thrice between May 2009 and May 2010.
He took oath as a senior judge at the Allahabad High Court on October 17, 2012, and became the Acting Chief Justice on October 20, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley