Allahabad neurosurgeon enters Guinness Records
Allahabad: An eight-hour surgery on an
eight-year-old girl, which saw nearly 300 cysts being removed
from her brain, has earned a city-based neurosurgeon a proud
entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Dr Prakash Khetan, who had conducted the operation at a
private hospital here on April 13 this year, recently received
a certificate and a communication from the office of the
Guinness World Records whereby he was informed of their
acknowledgement of his feat.
"I have been told that the surgery I had conducted on
the eight-year-old girl Reshma already finds a mention on the
website of the Guinness World Records and that it would
feature in the upcoming edition of their esteemed book of
world records", Khetan told reporters here.
He said the girl, who hailed from the impoverished
district of Banda in Uttar Pradesh, was operated upon for
"hydatid cysts - a parasitic disease that is usually found in
dogs but may also afflict humans who live in poor hygenic
The number of cysts stood at a mind-boggling 296.
Earlier, the highest number of cysts ever reported in an
individual`s brain stood at 18", Khetan said.
"The girl is now doing well after surgery, which is
hugely satisfying. Recognition from an esteemed body like the
Guinness World Records comes as a bonus", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened