Allahabad neurosurgeon enters Guinness Records
Allahabad: An eight-hour surgery on an
eight-year-old girl, which saw nearly 300 cysts being removed
from her brain, has earned a city-based neurosurgeon a proud
entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Dr Prakash Khetan, who had conducted the operation at a
private hospital here on April 13 this year, recently received
a certificate and a communication from the office of the
Guinness World Records whereby he was informed of their
acknowledgement of his feat.
"I have been told that the surgery I had conducted on
the eight-year-old girl Reshma already finds a mention on the
website of the Guinness World Records and that it would
feature in the upcoming edition of their esteemed book of
world records", Khetan told reporters here.
He said the girl, who hailed from the impoverished
district of Banda in Uttar Pradesh, was operated upon for
"hydatid cysts - a parasitic disease that is usually found in
dogs but may also afflict humans who live in poor hygenic
The number of cysts stood at a mind-boggling 296.
Earlier, the highest number of cysts ever reported in an
individual`s brain stood at 18", Khetan said.
"The girl is now doing well after surgery, which is
hugely satisfying. Recognition from an esteemed body like the
Guinness World Records comes as a bonus", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you