Allahabad neurosurgeon enters Guinness Records
Allahabad: An eight-hour surgery on an
eight-year-old girl, which saw nearly 300 cysts being removed
from her brain, has earned a city-based neurosurgeon a proud
entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Dr Prakash Khetan, who had conducted the operation at a
private hospital here on April 13 this year, recently received
a certificate and a communication from the office of the
Guinness World Records whereby he was informed of their
acknowledgement of his feat.
"I have been told that the surgery I had conducted on
the eight-year-old girl Reshma already finds a mention on the
website of the Guinness World Records and that it would
feature in the upcoming edition of their esteemed book of
world records", Khetan told reporters here.
He said the girl, who hailed from the impoverished
district of Banda in Uttar Pradesh, was operated upon for
"hydatid cysts - a parasitic disease that is usually found in
dogs but may also afflict humans who live in poor hygenic
The number of cysts stood at a mind-boggling 296.
Earlier, the highest number of cysts ever reported in an
individual`s brain stood at 18", Khetan said.
"The girl is now doing well after surgery, which is
hugely satisfying. Recognition from an esteemed body like the
Guinness World Records comes as a bonus", he added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note