Allahabad Railway Station stampede: UP govt orders inquiry
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday ordered an inquiry into the stampede at Allahabad Railway Station and asked the Railways to make proper arrangement to clear the rush of pilgrims who have gathered for Maha-Kumbh from all over the country.
At least 10 persons were killed and scores of others injured in a stampede at Allahabad Railway Station teeming with thousands of pilgrims returning after a holy dip at the Maha Kumbh here.
"The state government has ordered an inquiry into the incident. The `snan` at Kumbh was completed without any problem...The unfortunate incident took place at the railway station…Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry," SP spokesman and Cabinet minister Rajendra Chowdhury told a news agency.
Defending local administration, Chowdhury said there was no laxity on its part and it was the failure of the railways, which should have run more trains to deal with the rush.
He said that CM has asked the Centre to run more trains to clear the rush in Allahabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure