Allahabad stampede: Injured to get Rs 2 lakh compensation, says Akhilesh
Etawah: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that those injured in Allahabad railway station stampede would be given a financial assistance of Rs two lakhs.
The chief minister on Monday visited the family of Arvind Kumar Tiwari of Etawah who died in the stampede yesterday and said that instead of Rs one lakh, as announced earlier, those injured would get a financial assistance of Rs two lakh.
Yadav said as of now the priority of the government is to ensure that the bodies of the deceased reached their families at the earliest and the injured get proper medical attention.
"The first challenge before the government and its officials is that those remaining in the Kumbh reached their homes safely ", Yadav said.
To questions on the inquiry ordered into the incident, he said that it would cover all the aspects and any comment or putting blame on anyone before the completion of the probe would not be proper.
"All the senior officials including the chief secretary, DGP, divisional commissioner are present there and are looking after the arrangements and if required more officials would be send there", Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations