Allahabad stampede: Injured to get Rs 2 lakh compensation, says Akhilesh
Etawah: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that those injured in Allahabad railway station stampede would be given a financial assistance of Rs two lakhs.
The chief minister on Monday visited the family of Arvind Kumar Tiwari of Etawah who died in the stampede yesterday and said that instead of Rs one lakh, as announced earlier, those injured would get a financial assistance of Rs two lakh.
Yadav said as of now the priority of the government is to ensure that the bodies of the deceased reached their families at the earliest and the injured get proper medical attention.
"The first challenge before the government and its officials is that those remaining in the Kumbh reached their homes safely ", Yadav said.
To questions on the inquiry ordered into the incident, he said that it would cover all the aspects and any comment or putting blame on anyone before the completion of the probe would not be proper.
"All the senior officials including the chief secretary, DGP, divisional commissioner are present there and are looking after the arrangements and if required more officials would be send there", Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan