Allahabad stampede: Injured to get Rs 2 lakh compensation, says Akhilesh
Etawah: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said that those injured in Allahabad railway station stampede would be given a financial assistance of Rs two lakhs.
The chief minister on Monday visited the family of Arvind Kumar Tiwari of Etawah who died in the stampede yesterday and said that instead of Rs one lakh, as announced earlier, those injured would get a financial assistance of Rs two lakh.
Yadav said as of now the priority of the government is to ensure that the bodies of the deceased reached their families at the earliest and the injured get proper medical attention.
"The first challenge before the government and its officials is that those remaining in the Kumbh reached their homes safely ", Yadav said.
To questions on the inquiry ordered into the incident, he said that it would cover all the aspects and any comment or putting blame on anyone before the completion of the probe would not be proper.
"All the senior officials including the chief secretary, DGP, divisional commissioner are present there and are looking after the arrangements and if required more officials would be send there", Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3