Allahabad stampede: UP Guv summons CM to take stock of situation
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of the stampede at Allahabad railway station, Uttar Pradesh Governor, B L Joshi on Monday summoned Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to take stock of the situation there.
The governor, who was attending a meeting in Delhi, rushed back here in the afternoon and summoned the Chief Minister, who had to return from Etawah where he had gone to attend a family function.
Raj Bhawan sources said the Chief Minister was asked to apprise the Governor of the details of incidents and the ongoing relief and rescue measures.
Coming out of the meeting which lasted 20 minutes, the Chief Minister told waiting newspersons that the Governor is concerned over the incidents and he has been apprised of the events and the relief measures.
The entire government and officials are concerned and sad over the incidents, the Chief Minister said, adding that the officials were working with full sincerity and all out relief measures had been taken.
The Chief Minister lost his cool when he was told that allegations were being levelled against his government that it was insensitive and when a reporter asked him whether he would visit Allahabad.
"The language which is being used by one-two news channels since yesterday is not right...Two ministers have been sent there...I do not want to speak on who is responsible for the incidents though you have also made a reference to it but I request you to choose your words properly," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song