Allahabad tense after BJP youth leader gunned down
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh`s Allahabad city was tense on Thursday after a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing leader was shot dead late Wednesday.
Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) leader Vimal Pandey was shot in the head at the Mewalal Bagiya tri-section on Wednesday.
Angry party workers, supporters and family members of the dead leader vandalised a diagnostic centre as the news of the killing spread and tried to disrupt traffic at many places.
The 26-year-old was the district vice president of the BJYM.
Police said additional security arrangements have been put in place to ensure that no untoward incident takes place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday