Allahabad University lodges FIR against more than 300 students
Allahabad: The Allahabad University
administration has lodged an FIR against over 300 students for
allegedly submitting fake certificates about their parents`
income to avail a scheme meant for poor students of Uttar
The FIR has been lodged at Colonelganj police station
of the city by the Registrar of the University, J N Mishra,
who has also submitted a list of 346 students sent by the
state department for social welfare.
The state government has launched a scheme under which
students belonging to the general category whose parents`
income is less than Rs one lakh per year are provided with
financial assistance equivalent to the expenditure incurred in
seeking admission to institutions of higher education, Mishra
To avail of the scheme, students are supposed to
submit an application with their respective college or
university along with a certificate of their parents` income
which is sent to the department of social welfare for further
action, the Registrar said.
This year, the department found that certificates of a
large number of applicants were not in order and upon
verification from the concerned tehsils, many were found to be
fake, Mishra added.
A list containing names of such students from the
varsity was sent to the District Magistrate of Allahabad who
forwarded the same to the University authorities with the
request for lodging an FIR against them, the Registrar said.
He, however, added that so far no action has been
contemplated at the University authorities` level.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police
- WATCH: SHOCKING! When Ashish Nehra abused Mahendra Singh Dhoni for dropping Shahid Afridi's catch
- 58 weightlifters caught for doping last year: Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal
- PM Modi wants BJP MPs, ministers to highlight govt's schemes like LPG coverage, electrification of villages
- Tibet govt-in-exile in Dharamsala unpopular among Tibetans: China